Thursday 9 September 2010

No.25

ELLE and I have two very close ties.

1.  I used to work in their Advertising Department.
2.  This year we have both turned 25.

If you didn't know that the October edition is their big Birthday special then I can only assume you have been hibernating somewhere, as even the London tube is running an ad campaign for the Kate Hudson adorned cover.  I can proudly say we own two issues of ELLE October in my household, which almost turned into three.  What can I say, once I work for a brand I work hard for it, even after I've left.



An ex colleague informed me before release that the October cover was AMAZING but if I'm completely honest I don't think it's one of their best, although it is visually beautiful.  I love this publication with all my heart but I have a very distinct image of Elle, I don't do well with change and I still feel that for me the perfect covers are the ones similar to the Chloe Sevigny and Mary Kate Olsen's, I featured here.  However, Kate is just the main newsstand, there are actually five covers in total that can be purchased from ELLEUK .   Or if you are particularly observant and feeling extremely lucky you may want to enter their competition running on their contents page to win all of them.  This is why I adore this mag, their designer covers are always coveted in the office and the Boris Johnson cover was just plain genius!  Once again they are offering an array of interesting takes on their issues and I'm not embarrassed to say that I most definitely want all five, with my personal favourite being the very British John Galliano artwork.


Upon purchasing my copy I did release a little squeal of excitement as it felt as though it was oozing out of its cover bag, screaming "Read me! Read me!"  I'm still currently working my way through it but so far it doesn't disappoint.  

Monday night also paid homage to the mag with Hachette Filipacchi hosting a 25th Birthday Bash at Whitechapel Gallery in assoication with Swarovski.  I am sick with envy that I couldn't be meandering about the party, especially after seeing that Vivienne Westwood was speaking at the event.  Editor Lorraine Candy described her as a personal hero and one of the best British designers of all time that really exudes the Elle brand ethos and therefore the perfect person to be their guest of honour.  You can watch some footage of the night, including interviews with both Lorraine and Vivienne on Elle TV here.

ELLEUK.com have featured the outfits worn by several editorial staff at the party on Monday and after perusing through them all their were two very clear front runners for me. 

Lorraine Candy in Vivienne Westwood
Kelly Skerrit (PA to ELLE Excecutive Fashion Editor) in a mixture of High Street

Kelly flaunting some FABULOUS accessories
I adored both these looks, most notably Kelly's.  I thought hers was glamorous, fresh, funky and completely affordable with her mixing and matching the top and skirt from Topshop and River Island.   You couldn't get a better poster girl for "personal style" and "wearing it your way", ELLE's most important message.  There should also be an honourable mention to Kelly's boss Stacey Duguid and her most delicious shoes. 

Shoes from YSL


To see more editorial ensembles see here.


But the festivities don't stop there, get your butt over to this page on ELLEUK.com for some more thrilling twenty-fifth birthday treats which includes six personalised ELLE beauty products.  One in particular is tres exclusive as there have been 25 perfumes made by Francis Kurkdijan, inspired by the ELLE girl, that can only be won via ELLEUK.com.  My other must have item from the range is Bobbi Brown's eye couture set, which comes with a limited edition magazine cover sleeve but at a whopping £175 I fear this one may stay on my wish list for some time.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

*All images from Elleuk.com

1 comment:

  1. Dying to get my hands on a copy of that October Elle when I get there! And Happy Early Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
UA-23892727-2