Saturday 12 November 2011

Winter Soother: Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion



Guest Post by Holly McNally

As beautiful as the winter season can be - sparkling frost glimmering in the sun and the magical moment of waking up to find your garden hidden under the snow- the effects it can have on your skin may not be as wonderful or magical. So, to thoroughly enjoy the winter season and those joyful snow days, allow Aveeno to take the impact out of the snowball that winter throws at us that is dry skin. 

 “This unique formula is clinically proven to go beyond 24 hour moisturisation and to replenish the skin’s natural barrier function, to significantly improve the condition of your skin in just 2 weeks” 

For me, this definitely has been the case.  A few weeks ago I noticed that I had a couple of very small patches of dry skin on my arms and hands caused by the side effects of some medication I am currently taking. I had heard before that oatmeal was good for dry skin and had previously rescued my dry hands with Aveeno’s hand lotion. So I purchased the very reasonably priced Aveeno ‘Daily Moisturising Lotion’ with colloidal oatmeal from Boots at £7.65. Once blended in to the skin, unlike some moisturisers which can feel heavy, thick and take a while to absorb in to the skin, Aveeno’s body moisturiser feels light, non-sticky and your skin continues to feel moisturised throughout the day.  This product is fragrance free, but, they do also sell a body lotion which is lightly scented with lavender if you prefer fragranced products, though I have not tried this yet.  After having used the ‘Daily Mosturising Lotion’ one to two times a day, the dry patches were soothed away within two weeks.  What’s more, no more dry patches have made an appearance either.  According to the Aveeno website, this is all down to the very clever colloidal oatmeal which moisturises, cleanses and soothes. 

These are the only two Aveeno products I have tried but they do sell a range of products suited to different levels of dryness, including products for eczema prone skin, so check out their website, www.aveeno.co.uk, to see the full product range and to learn about the science of their products.

I look forward to seeing how well this product recovers my skin from the drying weather as we progress in to winter; I have a feeling that these two products are going to be a staple for me during the winter months. 

Aveeno products are available in Boots, Superdrug, Lloyds Pharmacy and Ocado.
Hand cream £5.10 from Boots

*Image taken from www.evecare.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
UA-23892727-2